Is US pull-out of Afghanistan a sign of retreat from Middle East?
Note: this is a temporary format during the pandemic and we will go back to the main format with audience in studio as soon as possible.
Some Talking Points
- Why did the US withdraw from Afghanistan now?
- Would that be a lesson for avoiding similar mistakes such as 20 years of occupation of another country?
- Has the war crimes in Afghanistan contributed to the support of a group such as Taliban in Afghanistan?
- What we see in Afghanistan now is the result of the pact that US has with Taliban.
- But what more should we expect out of this pact? Do we expect more surprises?
First aired on Monday 27th September 2021 on AL Mayadeen network
A production of Narcissi for Al Mayadeen TV
Watch the full debate:
|Hadeedullah Nazeem||Afghan Peace Activist|
|Dr Kamal Helbawy||Former Muslim Brotherhood Member|
|Major David McBride||(Video link from Canberra, Australia)|
Former British Army major and Australian Army lawyer
|David Lawley-Wakelin||(Video link from Tehran, Iran)|
Documentary filmmaker, Anti-war campaigner
|Mohammad Asif||(Video link from Beijing, ChinaVideo link from Glasgow, Scotland0|
Chair of Scottish Afghan Society
Quotes: COMING SOON
For future shows: email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Kalima Horra Facebook for regular updates
The flyers and images: