Iran-China deal: A strategic card to push back US dominance?
Note: this is a temporary format during the pandemic and we will go back to the main format with audience in studio as soon as possible.
Some Talking Points
- Can this deal weaken the US policy of regular sanctions against Iran?
- US is always going to impose sanctions against Iran one way or another, so would the success of this agreement depend on the level of sanctions?
- Will the deal assist ending the dollar hegemony in the world?
- How do people inside Iran are viewing it?
- Why there are some resistances among Iranians?
- Iran has said that the accord is a Road Map for trade and Economic cooperation. But would there be any defence and security outcome on this agreement too?
First aired on Monday 5th July 2021 on AL Mayadeen network
A production of Narcissi for Al Mayadeen TV
Watch the full debate:
|Maedeh Sharifi||Broadcast journalist and presenter Writing for TRT World|
|Duncan Bartlett||Editor, Asian Affairs magazine. Research Associate SOAS & The China Institute UC|
|Zayd Alisa||Political analyst, Middle East expert & writer|
|Dr Hamed Mousavi||(Video link from Tehran, Iran)|
Assistant Professor of Political Science, Faculty of Law and Political Science University of Tehran
|Dr Einar Tangen||(Video link from Beijing, China) |
A Libyan academic in management, and award winning journalist & analyst
Quotes: COMING SOON
For future shows: email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Kalima Horra Facebook for regular updates
The flyers and images: