Why is Julian Assange still being held by UK?
Why is Julian Assange still being held by the UK during pandemic?
Our show is hosted by George Galloway with an audience of experts in London.
Some Talking Points
- Should Assange be furloughed from Belmarsh prison (his bail under outbreak has already been refused)?
- Why UK refused to bail Julian Assange from prison over the coronavirus outbreak?
- Why UK does not follow other countries’ leads in at least temporarily release political prisoners during the outbreak?
- Why the UK is so keen to keep Julian Assange in jail while he has not committed any crime in the UK?
- Is Assange’s arrest an assault on freedom of information and a potential threat for journalists?
First aired on Monday 25th May 2020 at 19:00 (London time) (18 GMT+1) on AL Mayadeen network
A production of Narcissi for Al Mayadeen TV
Watch the full debate:
|David Lawley Wakelin||Revolutionary Activist, Documentary Filmmaker|
|Patrick Christys||Journalist, broadcaster, blogger|
|Kevin Dooley||Documentary maker – Social Scientist|
|Jeremy Beck||(Video Link from Melbourne, Australia) |
National Executive, Australian Citizens Party
|Dr Tom Piers||(Video link from SLondon, UK) Psychiatrist, Political activist|
|Nozomi Hayase||(Video link from San Francisco, US) liberation psychologist and journalist, Campaigner on Free Assange|
|Fra Hughes||(Video message – Belfast, Northern Ireland) Political Activist|
|Deepa Govindarajan Driver||(Video message – London UK) University Lecturer|
|Afnan Fakhri||(Video message – Jordan) Journalist|
|Clifford Samuell||(Video message – UK) |
Campaigner for Assange, Music artist
Quotes: COMING SOON
For future shows: Book your seat and email to: email@example.com
Follow Kalima Horra Facebook for regular updates
The flyers and images:
You must log in to post a comment.