Why is Julian Assange still being held by the UK during pandemic?
Some Talking Points
- Should Assange be furloughed from Belmarsh prison (his bail under outbreak has already been refused)?
- Why UK refused to bail Julian Assange from prison over the coronavirus outbreak?
- Why UK does not follow other countries’ leads in at least temporarily release political prisoners during the outbreak?
- Why the UK is so keen to keep Julian Assange in jail while he has not committed any crime in the UK?
- Is Assange’s arrest an assault on freedom of information and a potential threat for journalists?
First aired on Monday 25th May 2020 at 19:00 (London time) (18 GMT+1) on AL Mayadeen network
A production of Narcissi for Al Mayadeen TV
Watch the full debate:
|David Lawley Wakelin||Revolutionary Activist, Documentary Filmmaker|
|Patrick Christys||Journalist, broadcaster, blogger|
|Kevin Dooley||Documentary maker – Social Scientist|
|Jeremy Beck||(Video Link from Melbourne, Australia) |
National Executive, Australian Citizens Party
|Dr Tom Piers||(Video link from SLondon, UK) Psychiatrist, Political activist|
|Nozomi Hayase||(Video link from San Francisco, US) liberation psychologist and journalist, Campaigner on Free Assange|
|Fra Hughes||(Video message – Belfast, Northern Ireland) Political Activist|
|Deepa Govindarajan Driver||(Video message – London UK) University Lecturer|
|Afnan Fakhri||(Video message – Jordan) Journalist|
|Clifford Samuell||(Video message – UK) |
Campaigner for Assange, Music artist
Quotes: COMING SOON
For future shows: Book your seat and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Kalima Horra Facebook for regular updates
The flyers and images: