The topic: What is Anti-Semitism?
Some talking points
- Why have the EU and UK, France and Germany not fully followed the US on sanctioning Iran?
- What is anti-Semitism?
- Is anti-Zionism the same as anti-Semitism?
- Is the rise of the far right in Europe a sign of increased anti-Semitism
? Arethe actions of the Likud Party in Israel contributing to a rise of anti-Semitism?
First broadcast on Monday 1st April 2019 at 7:00 pm (London time) (GMT+1) on AL Mayadeen network
The show is hosted by George Galloway with an audience of experts in London.
Repeated on Tuesday 2nd
A production of Narcissi for Al Mayadeen TV
Watch the full debate:
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id="UIgFqgMzb3I" width="854" height="480" anchor="http://www.narcissiltd.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Anti-Semitism-YouTube.png"]
Watch the debate on Almayadeen YouTube:
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id="tqalMK5J_MA" width="854" height="480" auto_thumb="1"]
Watch the trailer:
[video_lightbox_youtube video_id="spSo5ZLnRHU" width="854" height="480" auto_thumb="1"]
- Tony Greenstein Member; Jews for Boycotting Israeli Goods
- Ken Livingston Former London Mayor
- Adam Garrie Historian, commentator and director of Eurasia Future
- Kashif Ahmad Teacher and Activist
- Rocio Deliot Activist
- James Giles Researcher and Journalist
- Hina Malik Liberal Democrat Party (UK) activist
“False accusations of anti-Semitism in order to defend the racist, apartheid state of Israel is a crime itself, and one which we should not tolerate”.
“The purpose of the anti-Semitism charge, is to protect the state of Israel. Historically, the main opposition to Zionism came from Jewish people themselves”.
“Netanyahu made it clear that Israel is not a state of its own citizens, but a state only for its Jewish citizens”.
“Anyone who criticises the Israeli governments policy towards the Palestinians, is denounced as anti-Semitic.”
“The people who don’t want Jeremy Corbyn in Downing Street, it is not because they fear he is anti-Semitic, it is because they fear he is going to crackdown on all the tax-dodgers, make corporations pay their fair share and that is what they fear”.
“Anti-Zionism is not anti-Semitism, and by conflating the two they are closing down a crucial debate about Palestine and the occupation”.
For future shows: Book your seat and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Kalima Horra Facebook for regular updates