Are Turkey and Russia the Major Players in Libya Now?
Note: this is a temporary format during the pandemic and we will go back to the main format with an audience in the studio as soon as possible.
Some Talking Points
- Which countries have the upper hand in Libya at the moment?
- Can other powers, such as the EU or even the US intervene in Libya at the moment without Turkey and Russia’s permission?
- What will Biden do in a tattered Libya now?
- So what should be done now to bring unity and peace back to Libya again? – Are you optimistic?
- Who caused this chaos in Libya? Who should be blamed for this?
- How come France, the US, and the West, in general, attacked Libya and brought this chaos to the country, but now Turkey and Russia have become the main players on the ground?
- Is it wrong to say that NATO is already outdated when Turkey – a NATO member – supplies weapons to Libya despite UN and NATO’s arms embargoes?